Saturday, June 19, 2010

Who is this chick? Why is she blogging? And why should I read it?

My name is Akili. It sounds like Achilles, without the "s". I am the "a" in a-typical. All things that I do and have done are typical, for me, Akili. :o) Thus the blog title, which I thought to be clever.

I was a-typical kid.
(click to enlarge)

I was a-typical teen.

For me, I'm a typical adult, I suppose. Though for me atypical is typical, so...there ya go. It's been over 10 years since I turned 18, and far too much has occurred for me to try and draw it all in one of those cute little film strip. :o) Fast forward to present and I am a wife, and mother to a wonderful almost 21-month-old baby girl. More children are in the future (sooner than later), and when the time comes I'll blog about that, of course. :o) Before I was a mother, I was a zoo-keeper; and before that, I was an actor and performer; before that I taught dance and gymnastics; and before that I taught horse-back riding to kids and teens; before that, well, I was in middle school. :o)
I'm a girl of many talents, and many faces. I like to write. I'm working on children's books and possible (one day) novels.

Check in every so often, 'cause who knows what I'm going to write about on this blog!? I sure don't. :o)

Namaste.

3 comments:

  1. What an interesting life-and you're not even 30! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I saw your post of Facebook. I've got a couple of blogs, but the blogger one is my main one.

    Krystalyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting blog you have got there, I'll be sure to follow this one

    Namastasye Namoh Namah ;)

    ReplyDelete